How about a creamy no-cream pasta, packed with proteins from herby and tender chicken breast slices. Serves 3.
•250 g of dry fettuccine
•1 large chicken breast, sliced
•3 cups of skim milk
•1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
•2 Tablespoon of flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon black pepper
•1 teaspoon oregano
•1 teaspoon chili powder
•1 teaspoon garlic powder
•2 Tablespoons of shredded parmesan
•1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1. Cook the sliced chicken in 1 Tbsps of olive oil, add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
2. In a large pot, cook 250g of fettuccine according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
3. In a separate pot, melt 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter. Once melted, add 2 Tablespoons of flour until a thick paste forms.
4. Add 3 cups of skim milk and continuously stir.
5. Add 2 Tablespoons of shredded parmesan and stir well.
6. Once a thick creamy sauce forms, add the fettuccine and chicken and combine.