Super tangy and aromatic teriyaki beef.
- 1 cup of rice, uncooked
- 2 cups of water
- 1 maggi chicken stock cube
- 1 kg lean beef strips
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 5 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- Cook Rice according to package instructions with 1 cube of maggi chicken stock.
- Cook the beef strips on medium heat until done.
- For the sauce: Combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger, and garlic powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until nearly heated through, about 1 minute.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cold water together in a cup; stir until dissolved. Add to the saucepan. Cook and stir sauce until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once sauce thickens, add to the cooked beef strips and simmer on low fire for 4-5 minutes.